This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms and Wine
- 1 to 3 Pound Grass-Fed Beef Chuck Roast (pot roast)
- 4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine or Marsala Wine
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Peppercorns
- 1 8 oz Can Diced Tomatoes in juice
- Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker except for beef broth and arrowroot powder and cover.
- Cook for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, whisk arrowroot powder with beef broth and blend into the crock pot, stirring gently as you separate meat into large chunks with 2 forks.
- Cook for 2 more hours.
Visit the link below to learn the easiest way to go keto:
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.