This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Kale Salad With Pumpkin Seeds & Pomegranate
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 0 MINUTES
- 2 Large bunches green or purple kale
- ½ Cup pumpkin seeds (option for raw or season, bulk section)
- 1 Pomegranate
- 3–6 TBSP. Avocado oil
- 1 Large lemon, zested
- 1 TBSP. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- RINSE AND DRY kale. De-stem leaves, chop into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- DRIZZLE 3 TABLESPOONS avocado oil and massage it into the leaves; slowly add more if needed.
- DE-SEED POMEGRANATE AND add seeds to the kale.
- GRATE LEMON AND add to a small bowl; squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon honey; mix together and drizzle over salad.
- MIX EVERYTHING UP and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.