This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Cumin Broiled Chicken Kabobs
These simple and satisfying kabobs are high in protein, healthy fats and flavor. Loaded with vitamins A and C, and spices that have anti-inflammatory properties, this will be a simple "go-to" option for your health-conscious lifestyle!
Prep and Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into large pieces
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Green Zucchini cut into large pieces
- 1 Yellow Pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 Red Pepper cut into large pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1 Clove garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp. dried Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- Preheat broiler to high
- In a bowl, mix avocado oil, garlic, and seasonings.
- Keeping vegetables and chicken in 2 separate bowls, blend half of the oil mixture into each bowl.
- Put meat and vegetable on skewers, alternating between meat and vegetables. Do not push too hard together, you want the chicken to get cooked through.
- Broil on high for 6-8 minutes, turning once for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is done when the juice runs clear.
- Be careful to not overcook!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11 g 18 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 7 %
Monounsaturated Fat 8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43 mg 14 %
Sodium 641 mg 27 %
Potassium 384 mg 11 %
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 24 g 49 %
Vitamin A 3 %
Vitamin C 147 %
Calcium 6 %
Iron 5 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.