This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
This bright and beautiful salad is jam-packed with flavor, protein, fiber and more. The vitamins A and C, and minerals will keep you healthy, and the fiber and healthy fats will keep you full for hours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4–6 Cups Spinach
- 1⁄2 TO 1 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 Cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Large cucumber, halved & sliced
- 4–6 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinaigrette (page 171)
- 1⁄4 Cup pumpkin seeds or pecans chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in 2 bowls (except nuts/seeds and dressing).
2. Top with Balsamic Vinaigrette and nuts/ seeds.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17 g 27 %
Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 189 mg 8 %
Potassium 122 mg 3 %
Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g 16 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 19 g 39 %
Vitamin A 39 %
Vitamin C 53 %
Calcium 12 %
Iron 19 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.