This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 6 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 oz Can Diced Petite Tomatoes (drain juice)
- 2 Large Carrots, diced
- 1 Large Parsnip, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1. In a large stockpot, heat oil with garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Cook on low until onions are soft.
2. Chop cabbage into large chunks.
3. Add broth, cabbage, parsnips, tomatoes, and carrots to stockpot.
4. Cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes
5. Add more Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.