This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Turmeric
- 1 head Cauliflower chopped into large pieces
- 4 Tbsp. grass fed butter
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut or Hemp milk
- 3 Cups Organic Vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. dried chives
- Pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, melt butter and add onion, garlic, salt, turmeric and chives. Cook on low until onion is soft.
- Add in arrowroot powder, and a couple of tablespoons of the broth, and whisk quickly as mixture thickens, stirring on low heat.
- Slowly add in hemp or coconut milk and remaining broth, stirring on low heat.
- Add in cauliflower and cover. Cook for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally as it thickens.
- After 45 minutes, or when cauliflower is soft, take half of the mixture out, and pour into a blender.
- Blend on medium for 30 seconds and then return to the stock pot and simmer for another 15 minutes on low.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.