This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds ground grass-fed beef (can substitute other ground meat)
- 2 stalks celery, medium diced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped into medium chunks
- 2 Tablespoons smoky spice blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup bone broth
- ½ Avocado, cut into chunks for topping
- A sprinkle of fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a hot skillet, melt coconut oil.
- Caramelize the onions and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to skillet and brown.
- Transfer the browned meat and all other ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on medium to high for 4 to 5 hours, depending on your choice of setting.
- Serve in bowls and top with optional garnishes if desired.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.