This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Chard, Chive and Kalamata Egg Cups
This low carb, high fiber savory breakfast muffin will be your first choice for your on the go lifestyle. High in flavor and staying power, make up a double batch and freeze. Pop 'em in the microwave or toaster oven for a few minutes when ready to eat and go!
Cook and Prep time: 40 minutes
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup chard, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/2 cup almond or full-fat coconut milk
- 8 prosciutto slices, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk eggs and add chard, olives and chives.
3. Next, whisk in almond or coconut milk.
4. Grease 8 muffin cups with coconut oil and line each cup with chopped prosciutto slices.
5. Divide egg mixture among mu in cups, filling 2⁄3 each cup to allow room for mixture to rise while baking.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24 g 37 %
Saturated Fat 7 g 35 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 422 mg 141 %
Sodium 1445 mg 60 %
Potassium 1135 mg 32 %
Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g 31 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 39 g 77 %
Vitamin A 284 %
Vitamin C 295 %
Calcium 40 %
Iron 43 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.