This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Eggs, Salmon and Avocados
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 oz. ghee or grass-fed butter, at room temperature
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chopped dill weed plus 2 sprigs for optional decor
- 4 oz. smoked salmon
- Place the eggs in a pot carefully covered.
- Bring water to a slow boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the warm water and place them in a bowl of ice water.
- Peel the eggs and cut into halves, removing yolk. Set aside on a plate.
- Mix yolk with avocado and ghee or butter with a fork. Season to taste, fold in chopped dill.
- On 2 plates, top each egg half with avocado mixture, and top with a sliver of salmon
- Serve immediately, chilled.
- Top with sprig of dill weed (optional)
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.