This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Pomegranate Seeds
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 70 MINUTES
- ½ cup 100% maple syrup
- 3 TBSP. coconut oil
- ½ Tsp. salt
- 4 LBS red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled (optional) and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- FRESH parsley for garnish, chopped.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375°F.
- COMBINE SYRUP, OIL, and salt in a small bowl.
- ARRANGE SWEET POTATOES in a 3-quart oven-to-table baking dish. Pour maple syrup mixture over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- UNCOVER AND STIR to coat. Bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- REMOVE FROM OVEN. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and parsley evenly over top and serve.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.