This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
- 1 Onion cut into chunks
- 2 Carrots, cut into chunks
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3-Lb. Chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian herb blend (Page 185)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups beef bone broth (page 188)
- 2 Cups filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Bay leaf
1. Place chopped veggies and garlic on bottom of crockpot.
2. Pat chuck roast with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Herb Blend.
3. In a hot skillet, melt coconut oil. Sear roast on each side.
4. Next place roast in crockpot. Add broth, water, tomato paste, and bay leaf.
5. Cook 6–8 hours on medium. Time will vary depending on your crockpot setting. You will know it is done if it falls apart when you put a fork in it.
6. Once itis done, remove roast and veggies from crockpot and serve.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.