This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Lemon Garlic Skillet Chicken with Rosemary and Mushrooms
- 2 Chicken Legs
- 2 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Cup large button mushrooms cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon sliced plus the juice of one lemon
- 4 Cloves Garlic cut in half
- 1/4 Cup Chicken broth
1. In a large skillet, melt oil on low, add seasonings and broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Add in lemon juice, garlic and butter and cook on medium for 2 more minutes.
2. Lay chicken breasts in skillet, add ghee, and sliced lemons. Cover and cook over low for heat for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover, flip chicken and turn heat to medium-high, add mushrooms and rosemary, then cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until chicken is browned. Can flip over again to brown other side.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.