This NativePath content is medically reviewed or fact-checked to ensure factually accurate information.
With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites, and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The information in our articles is NOT intended to replace that of a qualified healthcare professional and is not intended as medical advice.
January 20, 2022
Healthy Hot Chocolate (with Chocolate Collagen)
This healthy hot chocolate is naturally sweetened and made with just two ingredients: nut milk and chocolate collagen powder. It’s the perfect winter beverage to snuggle up with by the fire.
Do you find yourself frustrated with all the no-good ingredients that regular hot chocolate has? Ingredients like sugar, corn syrup, modified whey, hydrogenated coconut oil, nonfat milk, dipotassium, phosphate, and mono and diglycerides. Spoiler: Those ingredients are straight off the Swiss Miss ingredient label.
If you’re done compromising your health with this traditional wintertime drink, we have the perfect healthy alternative…
With a squeaky clean ingredient label, you’re getting grass-fed collagen peptides, natural flavor, cocoa powder, pink Himalayan sea salt, stevia, and monk fruit. All the good things, none of the bad.
This creamy chocolate collagen will make the switch from unhealthy hot chocolate to healthy hot chocolate totally worth it.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It only calls for two ingredients—making it a quick and easy drink to make in just 60 seconds.
- It’s the perfect healthy alternative to traditional hot chocolate brands like Swiss Miss, Nestle, and Ghiradelli.
- It’s certified sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, making it a Paleo-friendly hot chocolate.
Here’s What You Need
It can be fun to spruce up a regular hot chocolate recipe. Try any of these variations for a slightly different flavor profile…
- Add a drop of organic peppermint extract. This is a great addition for those who prefer a mintier flavor, or for those who love Thin Mint Girlscout cookies.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
- Add a few (healthier) marshmallows like Smash Mallow.
More Warm Beverage Recipes to Try
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1 scoop Chocolate Collagen
- In a small saucepan, heat the nut milk until just simmering.
- Add chocolate collagen.
- Use a handheld frother to froth until well combined.
- Pour the hot chocolate recipe into your favorite mug.
- Sip with caution (contents are hot!) and enjoy!
As Community Manager of NativePath, Rachael pours her soul into the NativePath community by providing resources, encouragement, and accountability. Her favorite thing about the 40,000+ community is educating, assisting, and empowering members to make positive changes in their lives.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Chad Walding nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program.